On the 5th of April 2011, Gift Aid transitional relief is coming to an end. As a result the Gift Aid that your organisation can reclaim on donations is dropping to 25p per every £1 raised.
How does this affect my organisation?
- All Gift Aid declarations available to donors must be amended to reflect the change
- This includes online donation forms, paper pledge forms, letters and any document that displays a Gift Aid declaration
What actions will Rapidata take on behalf of my organisation?
- Gift Aid declarations in Advance Notification Letters fulfilled by Rapidata will be updated to contain the new Gift Aid declaration.
- The Gift Aid calculator on Artez donation pages will be automatically updated to calculated 25% of the donation amount on the 4th April 2011
- The default Gift Aid declaration on eDirectDebit and Artez donation pages will be updated on the 4th April 2011 to reflect these changes. The new declaration will read as follows:
What action do I need to take?
- If you are an eDirectDebit client please send us an updated Direct Debit Instruction for your eDirectDebit site that includes updated Gift Aid wording
- If you are an eDirectDebit client using customised Gift Aid wording, please send us your updated Gift Aid declaration
- If you are an Artez client using customised Gift Aid wording, please send us your updated Gift Aid declaration
- If you are an Artez client using the events module and provide event participants with a downloadable sponsorship form, please send us an updated sponsorship form
- Please send your amendments to email@example.com
Where can I get more information on this change?
Here is a list of good resources:
If you have any questions about these changes and how they affect your online donation forms, please get in touch with our support team by via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on o1293 524066.