Fundraising & EU Cookie Law
Artez Policy regarding Cookies for EU Markets (April 2012)
1. Session Cookies employed within the Artez System are strictly necessary to perform the function that the user intended. The Artez Friendship Powered Fundraising System uses Session Cookies. Session Cookies are only used to assist donors and/or individual fundraisers to complete the actions that they intended to perform within the Artez Platform such as donating to a cause or registering for a fundraising event. Session Cookies expire at the end of each user session and no personal information is stored within the Artez system.
3. Artez uses 3rd party Programs that employ Cookies. As of April 2012, the 3rd party products are Google Analytics, AddThis and Facebook. Clients using the Artez platform have the option to turn on or turn off these features. Artez does not know definitively if these programs contravene the act. It is Artez’s opinion that clients of the Artez platform should be alerted to this by Rapidata and they can then make their own determination on this matter.
Description of Artez Cookies Used and Purpose of Each
- utma – stores each user’s amount of visits and the time of the first and subsequent visits
- utmb and utmc: used to check approximately how long you stay on a site: when a visit starts, and approximately ends
- utmz: stores where a visitor came from (search engine, search keyword, link)
- session_id: lasts only for the duration of your visit to the website
- CSRF-Token: session based cookie used to protect against CSRF (Cross Site Request Forgery)
- BIGipServerArtezglobalSecure_Pool: session based cookie used by our load balancing hardware to maintain server persistence during a user session
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding Artez cookies and how you can comply with the EU cookie directive, please contact Amy McGeever on 01293 601111 or firstname.lastname@example.org