Don’t forget about the upcoming change to the Gift Aid rate…
You may have already read our recent emails and blog posts about the upcoming change to the Gift Aid rate…just in case you missed them, here’s a little reminder!
On the 5th of April 2011, Gift Aid transitional relief is coming to an end. As a result the Gift Aid that your organisation can reclaim on donations is dropping to 25p per every £1 raised.
Below you can find information on how this change will affect your organisation, what Rapidata are doing to make this change as seemless as possible and where you can get more information.
If you have any questions about these changes and how they affect your online donation forms, please get in touch with our support team by via email to email@example.com or call us on o1293 524066.
How does this affect my organisation?
- All Gift Aid declarations available to donors should be amended to reflect the change
- This includes online donation forms, paper pledge forms, letters and any document that displays a Gift Aid declaration
What actions will Rapidata take on behalf of my organisation?
- Gift Aid declarations in Advance Notification Letters fulfilled by Rapidata will be updated to contain the new Gift Aid declaration.
- The Gift Aid calculator on Artez donation pages will be automatically updated to calculated 25% of the donation amount on the 4th April 2011
- The default Gift Aid declaration on eDirectDebit and Artez donation pages will be updated on the 4th April 2011 to reflect these changes. The new declaration will read as follows:
What action do I need to take?
- If you are an eDirectDebit client please send us an updated Direct Debit Instruction for your eDirectDebit site that includes updated Gift Aid wording
- If you are an eDirectDebit client using customised Gift Aid wording, please send us your updated Gift Aid declaration
- If you are an Artez client using customised Gift Aid wording, please send us your updated Gift Aid declaration
- If you are an Artez client using the events module and provide event participants with a downloadable sponsorship form, please send us an updated sponsorship form
- Please send your amendments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can I get more information on this change?
Here is a list of good resources:
- For more help you can contact the Charities Helpline on Tel 0845 302 0203 (open from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday). Select Option 6 for Gift Aid.