Avoid the Postal Strike and Go Online This Christmas
With more postal strikes scheduled in the run up to Christmas it’s more important than ever to make sure your donors can donate easily online!
Earlier this month I wrote about creating Christmas themed Donation pages and shared some cheap and cheerful online Christmas Campaign ideas. Today’s post looks at how you can inject some Christmas spirit into Appeals directed at regular givers.
Most of our clients are using the 5 step eDirectDebit page which is a great way for your supporters to setup a regular gift online. But have you thought about using the single page eDirectDebit site to support your Christmas Appeal?
The single step eDirectDebit page can be customised for Christmas and used to support your Christmas Appeals. We’ve set up a demo site that you can try: www.edirectdebit.com/demoxmas.
Christmas is also a good excuse to contact your existing supporters and ask them for an upgrade or reactivate lapsed donors. And of course, it’s also a great time to thank your regular donors for their support throughout the year. Many donors will want to give again so don’t forget to include your website address in the email and make it as easy as possible for donors to make a Christmas Donation.
Here are a few ideas for your Christmas Appeal:
1. Create a new, single page eDirectDebit site specifically for your Christmas appeal
2. Ask your corporate supporters to include a link to your donation site in their holiday e-cards, email signatures and on their website
3. Create a basic ‘Virtual Gifts’ list with donation amounts that link to donation amounts in eDirectDebit
4. Use our reactivation and trigger services to contact lapsed and existing donors
5. Create a new banner with a Christmas version of your logo
6. Tailor the thank you email to reflect the Christmas spirit
7. Add an image and some Christmas themed text to the eDirectDebit start page
8. Update the suggested giving amounts to reflect virtual gifts or your organisation’s Christmas Wish List
If you’re an existing Rapidata client and you’d like to find out more about how we can help you create a Christmas eDirectDebit page then please call Hilary or Jodie on 01293524066 or email email@example.com
If you’re not a client, but would like to find out more about our eDirectDebit service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org