The Direct Debit Indemnity Claim procedure is changing…
Have you received an email or letter from Bacs Limited about Direct Debit Indemnities? If you have, then please don’t worry! Bacs are just writing to let you know that as of October 2010, the Indemnity Claim process will be automated.
What are the changes?
- The manual refund process you currently use will be replaced with an automated settlement process
- Paper indemnity claim forms will be replaced with an Indemnity Claim Advice Report (available the day after the indemnity claim is submitted against you)
- Your bank account will be debited 13 working days after the Advice Report is created
What are the benefits?
- No more paper!
- More cost effective
- Increased certainty of delivery
- Improved validation processes
What do you need to do?
If you are using Rapidata’s Direct Debit Managed Service, you can ignore the Bank and Bacs information sent to you as we will deal with this on your behalf. Come October 2010, Rapidata will download your Indemnity Claim reports and report them back to you!
Rapidata will send you regular updates to keep you informed of the changes to this service.
If you have any unanswered questions about this change, then please don’t hesitate to give me a call on 01293 524066 or email me email@example.com
If you would like more information you can of course visit the Bacs website, where you can download a sample of the Advice Report and read through the helpful FAQ section.