Understanding AUDDIS | Direct Debit
As a Bacs Bureau, we use the word AUDDIS on a daily basis and was one of the first Bureaux to implement the scheme but what does it mean and why have it?
AUDDIS stands for the Automated Direct Debit Instruction Service. Put quite simple, rather than sending paper Direct Debit mandates to the payer’s bank, these are sent electronically. It makes the processing of the Direct Debit Instructions easier, faster, more efficient and cost-effective.
So what are the benefits?
- No postage costs for setting up Direct Debits. Now with the recent increase in postage rates, why pay to send an Instruction when you can do so electronically!
- provides faster identification of invalid bank account details. This means you can follow up with the payer quickly to resolve and reduces your unpaid items, which in turn results in less bank charges.
- reduces the lodgement time, so you can collect sooner.
- you provide a better service through reduced processing delays and fewer manual steps
- minimises paperwork and manual input
- reduces the potential for error
- Saves time
- Ability to add Paperless Direct Debit. Only when you have AUDDIS can you accept Direct Debits online or via the phone
When we are all looking to save costs and improve processes, if you are currently processing Direct Debits but not under AUDDIS, why not consider migrating to AUDDIS now? Rapidata is able to provide a no obligation quote or alternatively you can find out more information by contacting your Sponsoring Bank.